Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Doing Something...

I'm just overwhelmed.
This. Starting a new life business. Is. Hard.
We don't always know where the cash is going to come from or when it's going to come in. We aren't really sure we can afford to live this life.
Yet, I know, in my heart of hearts, I'm doing the right thing. I'm where I'm supposed to be, loving my kids, picking them up from school, being there for them all the time.
I feel so sad that I missed out on so much of them in the last two years when I was working at a job that kept me away. All. the. time. So, I made a change.
Took a leap.
Made a risk.
Don't know how it's going to turn out.
Don't care.
Just loving these moments. This time. This.

Each day challenges me. I'm not answering to anyone but me. And I tend to let myself off the hook a little too often. It takes a huge and overwhelming amount of self control to make it happen. Every single second. And I don't always feel like "making it happen." Sometimes I'd rather take a nap. Or sit and watch the Food Network in my jammies. Sometimes, I'm just not motivated at all. And then, I obsessively guilt myself over it. And I don't do what I need to do to make it happen. I just don't do anything.

And to follow my own advice, "doing nothing results in nothing." And that's the truth of it.

So, tonight, the kids are in bed, the husband's on a service call... and I'm doing research. And I'm pushing myself to think bigger. And I'm doing the work. What it takes, to make it happen. I'm doing something, which will result in something.

Couple of inspirational places to visit:
http://natalienortonblog.com
http://tarawhitney.com/justbeblogged
http://shellypeters.tumblr.com

I can do this. You can, too.

2 comments:

rkh518 said...

Dear Shells - I think you are absolutly amazing and can/will do anything and everything!!!! xoxo

Miss Angie said...

You can do it!!