Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting it Out.

So, I'm feeling the need to write again. I say again because I used to write all the time. Like 10 years ago I'd fill up a journal in a couple of months. I would write and write. I don't exactly know why I stopped... maybe I got busy... kids, and such. Maybe I didn't want to say what I was thinking? Denial of truth is a powerful deception. Whatever the reason, I'm ready now. To post thoughts. Have them be out there forever.

I recently read an entire book. I know this might sound like no small feet to most of you, but I get bored really easy. I am ambitious as I start many books a year, believing that they all will change me after I'm done reading them. Usually by about chapter 4 or 5 I'm bored. Either the writing isn't creative enough to hold me or the content is something predictable that I've already heard, or I just get bored with it. Anyway, this recent book impressed me a great deal. I read it from cover to cover in about 3 days. I couldn't put it down. It's called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller.

So, now I am hereby declaring myself in a blue phase. The "influenced by Donald Miller" blue phase. This book, I do believe, did change my heart. There is some supernatural holy spirit hold on it. The way I have been thinking my whole life has finally been put to words for me! Thanks, Don. I even underlined things in this book, which for me, really means there's something there worth remembering. I am going to read it a second time after I let the first amazement soak in a while.

Someone told me a couple of days ago that this book was popular awhile back. That's so me. To catch up later on something everyone else already knows. Anyway, whoever knows or doesn't know, this book is a must read. Like it will go in various places in my house. I will buy multiple copies. I have at least two friends in mind that I am going to send it to. It's that good. It's right on... a direct hit.

Maybe it's because of Donald Miller that I must write again. Whatever the case, here I am. Getting my thoughts out.

No comments: