Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Week in the Life, Day 4

Day 4... today was my "day off" from work. I sometimes have these randomly in the middle of the week because I work retail and thus, weekends. This weekend is my weekend to work, so today... was my Saturday... sort of.

This is Bella. She's our 6 mth old puppy and she was very very happy that mommy stayed home with her all day. She followed me around all day, and we had the best morning together.

I met this dear lady, Kelly, for coffee this morning. We discussed the amazing Jeremy Cowert Vision Seminar that I recently got home from in Nashville, TN. I told her all my hopes and dreams, and together we decided she should also pursue visual arts! I'm so excited for her, and I think she's maybe one of the best people in the universe.

Coffee with her is going to need to be a regular thing from now on, FYI.



I met Owen's preschool teacher, "Miss Angie" for his parent/teacher conference this morning. She's pretty much amazing, and Owen absolutely adores her. She assured me that he's more than ready for Kindergarten and said he was a JOY to have in her class!

Then I met this lovely person for lunch because he forgot to pack one. So, it was a "date!"

Today I took some time to think... journal, read, journal more. I discovered that God is in the business of changing the way we think. I like it, because a lot about how I think has been challenged lately. So, it was confirmation that what I'm going through is good.

Change is good... repeat after me, change is good...


Because of too many other things last night, I wasn't able to watch "Glee" when it was on... so today I took some day off time to catch up! SO stinking good!

When that was over, I took a nap, but didn't take a picture because I was sleeping.

After I made dinner for the family, I worked on Brady's invitations to Confirmation next week. He and I decided on a navy and orange themed invite! They're cute, yet still manly enough for a teenager to not feel weird about! Going to mail them in the AM.



I dropped Brady off here, at the "mega-church" as we like to call it, for Weds. night youth programming. He just informed me that he's looking forward to going to the "high school" aged group this summer! That struck me... my baby's going to be in High School! YIKES!



While Brady was at church, I went to Cracker Barrel with my friend Kellie... it was so nice to hang out and chat. We always have fun conversations about life, and my favorite thing about Kellie is her compassionate heart.


And now, the end of this day has come, and I'm going to go to bed and dream of wonderful things that are yet to come. Till tomorrow...

No comments: