Monday, April 19, 2010

A Week in the Life of Shelly, Day 2

It's Monday, kids, and of course, I am running little late. It's only because my kids were extra needy while being dropped off at daycare this morning.



Sometimes, I get this... medium Americano with room for cream and a dash of cinnamon powder. It usually makes my day better, and everyone who has to deal with me.


Here's where I work. Only I go in the back door, not the front, because I'm a manager. I really like everything we sell at our store... genuinely. So, it's pretty easy for me to sell it.




I do these kinds of things at work... today it was "researching" sketches for this weekend's getaway crop. One of the challenges will be for customers at the crop to make a page from some other person's sketch... officially it's called "scrap-lifting." It's totally legal in most countries. Also, I have this "paperwork" that my day runs by... who's working, what classes, how much stuff do I need to sell per hour, etc. etc. Fun stuff.

I get to see these lovelies on most days... they make me smile.



I like when Dee gets to work because it usually means I can leave... Here's me and Heather getting ready to leave, and my time on the way home... listening to new Dave Barnes on the I-Tunes through my archaic cassette player.


After dinner on most days, I am an Internet search junkie. Tonight it was these two talented ladie's photography for a little visual stimulation. Good, good, good, stuff.

Then, I said good-night to this little man. He's my baby, mostly grown up now. Currently he's playing one last game of NBA live in his X-Box 360 and then we're off to bed.

Things i might have learned today:

1. It's ok for us to disagree. I can still like you if we do.

2. You can't always get what you want or go where you want. (My evening plans were averted by a home improvement project that still is not complete as I write this blog.)

3. Minnesota allergies suck. I'm living proof.

4. I will make the most of tomorrow and the rest of this week, even if I had disagreements and my plans were averted, and my allergies suck, because life, my friends, is full of great things. So I will choose to enjoy and love each second I've got.

Till tomorrow, loves.

No comments: